SECTION 1. Eligibility. Full membership is open to persons 18 years of age and older, who have not been suspended by The American Kennel Club, our Parent Club or any other Dog Club, who have signed the Club’s Code of Ethics, and whose dues for the current year are paid. While membership is unrestricted as to residence, the Club's primary purpose is to be representative of Owners, Breeders, and Fanciers in its immediate area.
SECTION 2. Types of Memberships. There shall be six (6) classifications of members:
Regular (Individual) — Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
Household — Two (2) adult members residing in the same household, each eligible to vote and hold office.
Student – Open to Fulltime students, over the age of 18 years, (proof of student’s fulltime status required), enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
Associate — Entitled to all club privileges except voting and office holding (offered to individuals who live outside of the club’s area or individuals who live in the club’s area but are not active).
Junior — Open to children under 18 years of age; a non-voting/non office holding membership which may automatically convert to regular membership at age 18. A parent/guardian must sign the Club Code of Ethics in the Junior’s stead.
Honorary — Conferred on an individual, by a vote of the members. This person(s) has made significant contributions to the Sport, Breed or the Club; for at least ten years. Honorary members are not eligible to vote or hold office. Honorary members can maintain regular (or household) membership if they pay dues.
SECTION 3. Loss of Voting Privileges. The unexcused absence of a voting member from three (3) consecutive meetings or failure to volunteer and work at least one annual club event, unless excused by the board of directors, shall operate as the accepted change of that membership from voting to non-voting status. All written requests for excusal will be considered by the club’s board of directors. The difference in dues will be forfeited. No member may vote whose dues are not paid for the current year.
SECTION 4. Dues by type of Memberships
Individual Membership dues shall not exceed $250 per year.
Household Membership dues shall not exceed $400 per year.
Associate and Student membership dues shall not exceed one-half the amount of an Individual Membership.
Honorary and Junior Memberships pay no dues.
Dues are set at the annual meeting. Payment of Club dues are payable on or before April 1st each year.
SECTION 5. Application for Membership. Applicants for membership shall apply on a form provided by the Club stating that the applicant agrees to abide by this Constitution, Bylaws, and the rules of the American Kennel Club. The application shall carry the endorsement of two members in good standing with the Club and the American Kennel Club, who do not reside in the same household with the applicant. Application must be accompanied by the Club Code of Ethics. The application must be accompanied by the Membership fee for the current year. Membership Applications and fees received from January to the Annual Meeting in March, shall be deemed paid in full and not subject to any increase or additional fees that may occur at the Annual Meeting in March. All applications are to be filed with the Secretary and each applicant must attend two (2) club meetings or events in the year prior to a vote of membership.
SECTION 6. Publication and Review of Membership Applicants. All applications for membership are forwarded to the board of directors, who shall cause the Application summary to be published for membership review.
SECTION 7. Objection to Membership Applicants. Objections to the acceptance of an applicant by the general membership must be in writing and received by the Secretary 30 days prior to the Applicant(s) being recommended for full membership by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall forward any objections submitted by members, to the general membership for consideration prior to a vote.
SECTION 8. Vote on Membership Applicants. Once the applicant has met the requirements of Article I, the Board of the Directors shall make a recommendation to the membership of Acceptance or Non-
Acceptance of the applicant. A secret written ballot shall be cast by members at any General Club Meeting. A 2/3 affirmative vote by those members present at that meeting shall be all that is necessary for Acceptance or Non-Acceptance of an applicant. The club can only inform applicants whether the constitutionally mandated affirmative majority vote was received.
Applicants for membership who have been rejected by the club may not reapply within six months after such rejection.
SECTION 9. Termination of Membership. Memberships may be terminated:
(a) by resignation. Any member in good standing may resign from the club upon written notice to the Secretary, but no member may resign when in debt to the club. Obligations other than dues are considered a debt to the club and must be paid in full prior to resignation. Resignations may be accepted via email provided the sender’s address is documented and readily recognizable.
(b) by lapsing. A membership will be considered as lapsed and automatically terminated if such member’s dues remain unpaid on June 1st, of each year. The board may grant an additional 60 days of grace to such delinquent members in meritorious cases. In no case may a person be entitled to vote at any club meeting whose dues are unpaid as of the date of that meeting.
(c) by expulsion. A membership may be terminated by expulsion as provided in Article VI of these bylaws.
Red River Standard Schnauzer Club
The Red River Standard Schnauzer Club (“RRSSC”) establishes its Code of Ethics (“Code”) in accordance with its objectives as set forth in ARTICLE I, Section 2 of the RRSSC Constitution and Bylaws.
Implicit in membership in the RRSSC is the understanding and full acceptance of the Code. As an American Kennel Club (“AKC”) and Standard Schnauzer Club of America (“SSCA”) specialty club, RRSSC supports the Code of Ethics and Conduct regulations of these organizations. A violation or blatant disregard for the Constitution and Bylaws, Code and American Kennel Club (“AKC”) Rules and Regulations may result in discipline as set forth in Article VI of the RRSSC Constitution and Bylaws up to and including suspension of RRSSC membership or permanent expulsion from the RRSSC.
As a member, I will
1. Comply with the Rules and Regulations of the AKC, the Constitution and Bylaws of the SSCA and RRSSC, and the Code of Ethics of the RRSSC.
2. Conduct myself in a manner that reflects positively on myself, the breed, the RRSSC and the board and committees of the RRSSC.
3. Exhibit good sportsmanship and goodwill inside and outside the ring (or place of exhibition) at all dog-related events in accordance with the AKC precepts of good sportsmanship.
4. Conduct myself at all times in manner as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dog showing and Standard Schnauzers in particular. This includes respect for the show site, convention center, hotels, motels, convention centers, and in accordance with AKC rules and regulations that apply.
5. In my dealings with others, I will honestly represent myself.
6. Refrain from the use of slanderous or defaming statements or innuendo against another breeder, specific kennel, dog, RRSSC, Judges, etc. on any public forum (including social media) and will promote an environment free of harassment and discrimination.
7. Not bring dishonor to the RRSSC nor to the breed.
8. I have agreed, by my membership, to preserve and protect the Standard Schnauzer breed and the sport of dogs.
9. Be a responsible dog owner, treating my dogs humanely by providing them with adequate food, water, shelter, veterinary care, exercise, grooming, socializing, and training necessary for my dogs to be good family companions.
10. Make every effort to learn the current Standard Schnauzer Breed Standard and all breed inherited traits.
11. Honor all agreement that I freely enter in to concerning Standard Schnauzers and Standard Schnauzer related activities.
© Copyright 2020 KennelClubWebsites.com ALL RIGHTS RESERVED